Kick Your Career Into High Gear!
RMR & Associates opened its doors in 1987, and since then RMR has become the Washington, D.C. Metro Area’s leading business-to-business agency.
Experienced marketers and those wanting to get in at the ground floor have found a home here at RMR and have been given the chance to work on the most challenging and rewarding projects imaginable.
Now, RMR & Associates is growing due to a major influx of new business. If you have what it takes, maybe you can be one of us!
RMR & Associates Inc., www.rmr.com, an award winning Integrated Marketing Communications Firm, is looking for its next Marketing Coordinator to join RMR’s team.
Our passionate, positive, experienced team of PR and Marketing professionals strives to build great client relationships that stand the test of time; we stress accountability and results in every program by “delivering on the promise of the proposal” time and time again. Headquartered in Rockville, MD, RMR has been addressing the unique needs of clients by serving commercial, B2B, consumer, government and IT accounts for more than 25-years. RMR’s integrated marketing services include public relations, social media, advertising, creative marketing services, website design, interactive marketing, and marketing research.
If you’re a self-starter and interested in the rapidly changing world of Public Relations and Marketing in which we work, let’s talk! You will help us drive the marketing communications activities for our client that is a large organization and leading Military Community Financial Solutions provider for active and retired service members and their families. This is a great opportunity for a Veteran, Retiree, or military spouse.
The Marketing Coordinator (MC) is a person who wants to learn and lead through this position. S/he works hard to develop knowledge of the client’s industry trends, market spaces, and all aspects of the marketing field. S/he is interested, enthusiastic, and embodies a positive, team-player attitude. MCs are proactive with strong writing, verbal & nonverbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills. S/he exhibits proven time management and leadership skills, initiative, and poise under pressure of deadlines. MCs are deadline-oriented and able to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, while striving for 0 quality errors. S/he sets clear priorities with colleagues, manages projects independently, and uses best judgement when necessary – all while delivering the best customer service to clients and team members.
The selected candidate will work mainly at the client site in Reston, VA after training with RMR in our Rockville, MD headquarters.
Marketing Coordinator Key Functions
- Manage several annual major sponsor relationships including opportunity research, sponsorship program design, logistics coordination, and any on-site activation execution
- Manage all event logistics for conferences and internally produced marketing events
- Lead coordination of twice-monthly webinar program including scheduling, content strategy, marketing, hosting and production
- Assist in developing and executing high-impact, cost-effective content, advertising, collateral and integrated marketing communications that target key member segments, drive sales and significantly increase brand awareness using marketing automation systems and traditional vendors
- Manage the development, production, inventory and distribution of promotional items for use in activations, conferences, sponsorship events, etc.
- Attend promotional events, as neede Approximately 5-10% travel required
Marketing Coordinator Prior Experience & Skills
- 1-3 years of marketing experience; financial services industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Outgoing with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Social media marketing experience, knowledge, and high comfort level with tools and techniques
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and marketing automation systems
- Experience in vendor, partner, and sponsorship relationship management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude for other technology tools
- Exceptional organization skills and a strong attention to detail are non-negotiable in order to meet set deadlines
- Ability to understand new technologies and comprehend new information quickly
- Drive to seek out new responsibilities across Agency
- Problem solver with initiative to self-educate
- Commitment to being a team player who works well in a collaborative work environment
- Those with military experience and/or military spouses strongly encouraged to apply
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who LOVES marketing and who is looking to grow and be successful in this field.
Please submit your availability, cover letter, resume, writing samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com